Yesterday, I got stopped by another guy in Midvalley again. This is probably the 8th time or so that I got stopped while loitering at Midvalley. Well, it only happens when I hang out there on Friday evenings after work... just to de-stress after a hard week at work.
Every time, the guy would usually just come up to me and say something along the lines:
Guy: (With great excitement) "Hey!!! Long time no see!! How are you?"
Me: (Puzzled) "Huh? Do I know you?"
Guy: (Smiling with anticipation) "Yeah, Don't you remember me? I'm James."
Me: (Thinking hard) "Errr.... nope, you've got the wrong person. I don't know anybody who looks like you."
Other guys could be more persistent and say something like:
(Still smiling but apologetically) "I'm sorry, but I totally forgot your name. But I am very certain we've met before."
There are others who put their arms around my shoulders as if I'm their long lost buddy.
And there are one or two (like the one last night) who spoke to me in Mandarin or Cantonese... like I mean, if you knew me, you would know I don't speak Mandarin/Cantonese. Duh!?!!
But once there's this guy who has this Pan-Asia / mix look who approached me when I was walking out of Jusco. Cute! Gorgeous! But I was too quick to brush him aside (At that time, I was probably too fed up with people coming up to me declaring their friendship to me.). It wasn't until I walked away that I figured that perhaps I could have just played on this little game, have a drink with him, and you know ..... get to know him better, and perhaps you know, follow him home....
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
wahhh...cantik hor you, go shopping malls always get picked up. either that or you have a very familiar face :-)
hmmm..didn't know nowdays people still use this old-fashioned pick-up line, you must be irresistable sista heheee...
8 times?? You must have some men magnet or something... use it to your advantage. hahaha... :)
wah wah~ pan-asian?? haiya~ brush him off pulak~ actually what they want ah?
Why brush off the hottie?! WHY! Send him my way then.
mrs phillippe: cantik hor me... hehe
eugene/fable/savante: next time (i'm sure there's next time!), i gotta be more careful, cannot simply simply brush ppl off...
Post a Comment