I never liked change, particularly if it had to do with moving away from one place to another, even if it's for a few years. I don't like leaving the familiar environment and particularly close friends. The last time I had to come back after 4 years of studying aboard, I cried my hearts (and eyes) out for days. My eyes were super swollen. I was such a cry baby.
Which is why I've turned down offers to be based overseas, or even outstation. Afterall, what if I am based in a place without gym? I'd die!!!
But not too long ago, I was contemplating perhaps working in someplace like Singapore or Australia is a good idea. The money is probably better. The quality of life in Australia is great for sure, while for Singapore, well, at least it's neater and orderly there, plus the guys are hotter!
So few weeks ago, I sort of asked my boss from SG to see if there is any possibility of a transfer. I told her it's just a thought, nothing to be serious about at this stage.... but now she wants to discuss it in greater detail. Haiye! Now I have to consider the option more seriously, and I don't know what to think!
I shouldn't have asked in the first place... now I'm deeply troubled. The thought of leaving my parents behind, and my friends, adjusting to a new place ... shit! I really shouldn't have asked if I wasn't serious about it. Help!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
You can always explore it, if you don't like the offer then you can turn it down.
I never thought I would be posted overseas, but here I am in Beijing. I really don't like changes too, but I must say I won't regret coming to Beijing, it's a wonderful experience, except for the work, which I totally hate, hate and hate.
Well always chance to try out new things :) And these days, we have gyms everywhere!
OMG! We have such positive-thinking bloggers here! LOL!
Legolas: Well, I think living elsewhere is great experience, but it's always work that spoils it!
I never thought of that. I'm not so ambitious anyway.
thee hee..like they say, be careful wat u ask 4, cuz u just might get it! well, it has always been human's own worst enemy, fear of change. but once we get over this hurdle, we often find ourselves appreciating the different things we learnt after taking dat change. we adapt, and we learn, and i know u will be alright ultimately. but of course, ur parents definitely is one important factor to consider. i 4 one advocate taking more time and effort to stay close 2 them now :-)
aiyer~ i move in with my parents you wanna move away from yours pulak... tsk tsk tsk... But OMG! we'll be even further apart wor! savante~ not everywhere got gym lor, S'ban dun hv...
ya i know.... susah le....
not like the frog and the doc visits the gym anyways.
-.-#
Post a Comment