I must admit that I am kinda addicted to Facebook now, in spite of my initial reservations. Damn! Shouldn't have signed up in the first place. More time spent staring at the screen.
Ok, it's been just a little over two weeks, and despite laying low with no profile pic, and no contact information, I've accepted 20 "friend requests" (yes, as usual I've been extremely passive and have only initiated two "friend requests" of my own), and numerous unglam and unauthorized pictures of me posted in other people's albums.
I am still lost in the maze of facebook, or am I just being an internet bimbo? I still can't find my way through the numerous functions and pages. Or is it just the so-called "new" layout of facebook?
Mmm... I haven't found my life partner yet on facebook and I'm kinda disappointed lo (this benefit of facebook was "promised" by Tricia - cis! bluff me! kaka!), but I'm keeping my facebook account for two important reasons:
(1) To monitor the unglam photos of me being posted and mitigate the damage done;
(2) To drool on cuties and hotties on my friends' profiles (ah yes, I found the video of the hunky guy liao!)
But I do have a few questions at this time:
(1) How do you deal with "friend requests" of people you don't know AT ALL? I've got quite a few friend requests from such people liao. Never seen, never heard, never smell before. Gila one.... But if leng chai, I sure accept one la. But if not leh??
(2) Can I ignore those miscellaneous requests? What purpose do they serve? I'm afraid of giving out too much information, and also scared of virus!!! Is it rude to ignore those requests from friends???
(3) How can you be sure the "controversial" comments you made on other people's facebook are not open to public? How can you be sure that your unglam photos published by your friends are not publicly available for viewing despite their assurances? How can you regulate the kinds of information/photos published in facebook, not necessarily by you, but by others??


7 comments:
only a lil' more than 2 weeks and expect life partner liao?? SO FAST MEH??? wakakaka...
me too, i also dunno how to deal with people i don't wanna add... as for the applications request, i just normally delete them~ :P
honey~ so silly la you. go click privacy la and then set who can search you, if pictures of you are posted who can see them... if they tag it la.
but if i decide to add you... you better approve it! ;)
you can also set who can add you etc loh. mine's like that. when i open it to public... eee. so manyaks people wanna add de... =.=
~thegloryofitall~
Just act as you would in public. Smile at everyone, be friendly and just watch what you say loh :)
Though I never do.
LInk me as well!
Every little thing that you say or do... :)
Just ignore those u donno lor... but i usually accept (if gay la) kekeke...
Fable: Well, according to the "guarantee" by our local facebook promotress lor
Little Prince: Must check out the privacy seeting liao!
Savante: If I can find you... wait lemme check
Janvier: Please don't get hung up and hang up on me
Jason: I'll adopt that strategy as well! keke!
Post a Comment