I am sensing that I may have blogged about getting sick and getting an MC before, but I can’t find it in my blog. Anyways….
I don’t know, but I always feel guilty whenever I go see the doctor to ask for an MC. I may feel rather sick before seeing the doctor, but as I step into the clinic, I would miraculously feel much better. My coughing would stop, my throat would feel less sore, my fever milder … as if those germs and viruses knew that they better behave.
But if I don’t appear as sick as I should be, then I would have very little reason to ask for an MC. I’m not good at pretending to be very sick, and I’m not good at telling lies either. It's a sin telling lies you know?!
I always felt that the doctor will think that I ask for an MC because I’m just being lazy and not because I’m not fit to work. Perhaps in some sense, may be I am just being plain lazy…. but how do you draw the line between being fit to work and unfit to work? How does the doctor know? After all, different people have different tolerance for pain and discomfort.
I always find it hard asking for an MC. It feels as if I always have to beg for one. And that doctor appears to be stingy in giving out MCs.
Doctor:
“When you come back to work tomorrow, take the other cough medicine that doesn’t make you feel drowsy.”
Me thinks:
When I come back to work tomorrow? Hello?! What makes you think I’ll be well enough to work tomorrow? I’ve got the flu! It will normally take at least 4 days of rest to get well! I don’t want to work if I’m still sneezing and coughing, or if my throat hurts! I can’t come back tomorrow! I want to feel drowsy and go to sleep! I deserve an MC for the next four days … at least!
Please, can someone tell me how best I can get an MC without feeling guilty? And any doctor friends who can issue me free MCs on a regular basis???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
You have the same issue as me lor. When I don't feel like going to work, I guiltily (if there's such a word; it comes from "guilty") go to the clinic and ask for the MC when I don't really feel sick. very the malu lor to ask like that!
lets put it that way~ you are really sick and there are those MC leaves you are entitled for~ plus your company really sucks when it comes to annual leaves, seriously~! so there! less guilty... right? Plus if you are really sick, you won't be very productive at work anyway and then you might spread to the whole company making the whole company not productive too! It's not like your usual doctor approved your MC on a monthly basis~ why would he think you are lazy?
Get more doctor friends?
And funnily enough you hear stories from others about how the doctors will be freely issuing MCs to them!
We too had to ask for one!
Why feel guilty! Take the MC!
mannpriedo d'saintner... omg... is there an abbreviation for this?! :p but i feel guilty even when I'm sick lei.
fable: sounds like you've given this a lot of thought... from your own experience ka? :p :p
jason: i need more doctor friends! Where are they!? Ish!!!
janvier: even during school days, i have friends who keep getting MCs every other day... so jeles!!
savante: you the doctor kan? come come, let's be friends!!! *blink*
Hehe...If you're genuinely sick, there's no need to feel guilty. Especially if your company is exploiting you.
Got two here but they're with hospitals :P
I heard there are fake MC for sales! Only cost Rm15 but they issue the receipt up to RM40! Therefore you actually can earn RM25 each time. i don't know where to get those though, last i heard it was in Kepong. Doesn't make sense though, if you stay in cheras but went to Kepong to see the doctor, right?
i wonder if there's any doctor selling MC... my colleague said thre's one in penang where she used to go to whenever she wants to skip school...
Ban: "company expoloting me"... "company exploiting me" ... hehe... need to get that in my head!!!
Jason: got two ka? cannot issue mc ke?
Mite Itchison: Quick email me! Times are hard... need to earn some extra cash... kepong is near enough for me lah!
Medie007: Need to find one!
Post a Comment