So, a close girl friend got married yesterday. I couldn't help but feel so happy for her that she's finally found her man and now they got married!
It was just a few years back when she was so worried and afraid that she would never get married. That was when she decided to sign up for an internet matchmaking service, and put up her personal profile.
I remembered she was so scared and ashamed that she had to resort to internet dating to get to know more male friends. But once she got comfortable with that, she got excited and was full of anticipation, but that eventually turned into frustration when her efforts yield no positive results. There were times she almost gave up hope of ever finding a suitable man... a boyfriend and hopefully a good husband.
And now, less than 3 years later, she's happily married to a great guy she met through the internet dating service.
I'm now inspired by her success story and I'm wondering if I should actively resume the hunt for my man in those gay personals, which I have largely abandoned so many years ago. Perhaps it's time to update my Fridae and Axcest profiles (and perhaps gaydar? any other personals websites?), put up new pics, be a bit more thick-skin and start messaging interesting guys online.
Perhaps in a couple of years time, I too will have a success story to tell and show.
Perhaps.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
We all hope for the same thing really. :) Even I hope to someday find the love of my life, even if I have to resort to online dating. The way I see it: internet just brings people together.
Even sickos, yeah - but well, it depends on how you protect yourself as well. :)
Love will happen when you least expect it and the internet helps
We must never give up on love.
We're so gonna help you to make a total makeover of yourself for this!
Jason: Does he really need a makeover?
Gay profiling may be less efficient than straight profiling but its certainly possible. There are other things you can do though.
Well it's time to start trying again :)
sam: yeah, i;ve had a fair share of sickos tormenting me!
sgboy: i hope there's hope online!
Jason: hmm... sounds like the show "extreme Makeover" kakaka!
Ban: I think we need to talk. U might have tips to share?
Savante: Yeah. Must attack now!
Post a Comment