ADVISORY

Certain posts in this blog contain sinful material - fictional or otherwise - and are unsuitable for minors, moralists, and those who can't wait to get to heaven.
Do not proceed if you get offended easily.

This blog also contains excessive negative material. Not suitable for positive people, and not suitable for suicidal readers as well. Use your own discretion. :)

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Status Quo

“So are you taken?” a friend asked me last week.

I’ve never really thought about it. Bert and I have never really discussed about it either.

I don’t know.

Pause.

Unofficially, I’d like to think that I’m taken. We adore each other and we’re really comfortable with each other. Though, officially, we’ve never labeled ourselves as boyfriends.

I elaborated but I realized my reply was somewhat inconclusive.

It’s been 9 weeks since I met Bert. And in the last 6 weeks after I left Singapore, I’ve only spent 4 full days with Bert, although we spoke over the phone quite regularly.

Right now, it’s 10pm Saturday night, and I’m home alone blogging. I have no plans on a Saturday night! It’s pathetic …. not because I’m all alone (I prefer the quiet sometimes), but in spite of being so-called “attached” (unofficially, that is), I’m still by myself most of the time. Nothing has changed. I’m still eating alone. I’m still watching TV alone. Driving alone. Sleeping alone. Sometimes talking to myself. I’m still attending gatherings and functions alone.

Is this what long distance relationship all about?

6 comments:

Cedric Ang said...

That is why I can never be in a long distance relationship ..

MrBunnyBan said...

Hrmmm. Should intro you to my friend who's in an LDR for a long time.

savante said...

Long distance is difficult but not impossible. I tried it for more than a year. Make sure there's constant communication both ways.

Unknown said...

Long distance relationship may be hard because you guys wasn't always together. But that doesn't mean it won't work. Just stop analyzing too much and let things flow.

deeperanddeeper said...

Thanks for your comments ppl. But it's not about communication, or analyzing too much, it's more about his presence and companionship. :(

Cedric Ang said...

Thats why I say I cannot be in a long distance thinggy ..

I need to be close with my darling, like very close.