I've also missed gym a lot, I mean, A LOT... it's Oct 31 liao.... and I've only been to the gym like 7 times! On average leh, I used to go gym at least 20 times/month. Luckily, didn't upgrade to passport this month! Haiye, should have been more kiasu to use the hot showers longer la, use the toilet to pangsai la, should have spent more time in the steam room la, and should have used the hairdryer (me love the hairdryer!) longer too .... just long enough before my hair gets burnt! But no, even the gym sessions were hurried. I was either too tired to hang around, or have to go back home to me parents, who also demand my undivided attention.
I've only done some light weights yesterday, and yes, it got very hard indeed after almost 1 month hiatus. Muscles got flabby liao, and I'm losing the tone quite a bit. And I felt malas to lift anything more than 20 kg. Haiye! Anyway, of the 7 times to the gym, I only went to BodyJam for 5 times! Other jammer buddies noticed my absence, and have been asking about my disappearance. Haiyu, so terharu!! But I also got spies one.... have been getting updates from the gang on what tracks they were doing.

But frankly, I think it was quite timely that I've been missing the Jam classes. I've gotten quite sick of the few tracks that they were playing. Perhaps I've had an overdose of Jam liao, and perhaps, the instructors were all choosing the same few easy tracks to do. I know it is hard work to be an instructor, but just exactly how many times can you listen to and do "Canned Heat", "Buttons", "Hips Don't Lie", "Boom Boom", "Escapade", "R & B Junkie", "Ran Kan Kan", "Bongo", "Adrenalina", "California Dreaming", "Scandalous", "Self Control" block, and "I Don't Feel Like Dancing" without getting sick of it? Yes, i don't feel like dancing anymore if week in, week out, despite different instructors, it's the same few songs. There are over 120 songs from the past 2 years of releases to choose from (not counting the older releases), but it's always the same few ones selected. But really, most of the usually repeated tracks are kinda unchallenging to do after a few times, and they hardly give you a good workout. But why is it the instructor's favourite (and perhaps to most people?)? My guess is that these are easy to instruct and easy to follow.
My question now is, will upgrading to passport and attending the other Jam classes at the other outlets be worth it? Must start to do detailed survey of what the instructors of the other classes are doing before I upgrade. Imagine the horror of paying extra and travelling all the way to the other clubs to do "Canned Heat", "Buttons", "Boom Boom" and "Ran Kan Kan". ~Phuh~
Forgive me God, for I have sinned... for I have bitched about my favourite gym class and instructors.


7 comments:
alternatively, let's just drop the whole jam thing and try freestyle step for god's sake! hehe.
Yes, but how to be a diva on a stepboard? After slip and fall, mampus maruah diva....
Come to Island Plaza once you have upgraded your membership, ok? You can meet me there too... I have been a member there for more than a year now...
Oh I mean Island Plaza in Penang...
Tracy is previewing Body Jam 43 this weekend at the Curve. Time to consider the upgrade?
I'm sure they'll forgive you but you need to bodyjam at least three times a week now.
David: Oh yes, sure I will drop by if I'm in Penang :)
Eugene: Argh! Thinking hard now... likely...very likely...
The Doctor: Yes... am steadily increasing the number of sessions!
Post a Comment