ADVISORY

Certain posts in this blog contain sinful material - fictional or otherwise - and are unsuitable for minors, moralists, and those who can't wait to get to heaven.
Do not proceed if you get offended easily.

This blog also contains excessive negative material. Not suitable for positive people, and not suitable for suicidal readers as well. Use your own discretion. :)

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Take the Chance

I am most impressed with people who seize every opportunity they have to get what they want. At a local joint, a guy came up to me to introduce himself and asked if he could have my telephone number as he was interested to be "friends". I blushed instantly. I haven't experienced any of such directness before. I've only seen it in western movies and from stories related by my more outgoing friends. For example, Genie made small talk with someone from the gym and got his number. And Kelly got Tricia/Lisa's number in less than 2 hours of karaoke.

I think I should learn to be more thick skin too. I should learn to walk up to a guy I am interested in, cook up some stories to talk about and/or just ask for his number. A friend once described me as a person who wants to be romanced by another person (ie. i am more of a pursuee than a pursuer).

But I'm shy, shy, shy.... and afraid of the awkwardness.... perhaps also afraid of rejection.

1 comment:

The Malaysia Traveller said...

It's not that difficult to walk up to someone and introduce yourself. It's even easier if you have seen the person more than once. Sometimes you need to be the pursuer than the pursuee Next time I give you a lessons ok? :P

Btw, Kelly got Tricia/Lisa's number from me!