Another milestone for the blog. I'm surprised that I have even made it to a hundred. My first post began with a little inspiration from Fable, who at that time, had blogged for over a year. I had wanted to blog all about the interesting things and issues that I think about while I'm driving to work every day in the morning. I don't know why, but I do seem to get lots of ideas in the car. I mean, there's absolutely nothing else to do when your mind switches to an auto mode when you drive along the same old route and stop at the same few traffic lights every morning. Yup, there's always lot of things I wanna blog about. But when I actually do have the time to blog, that is, after work and after gym, mostly at night right about this time (ie. after 10pm), my brains had become weary and all ideas and inspiration all gone down the drain. I just wanna go to sleep. So how to blog? Plus I don't wanna be sitting in front of the computer after staring at the screen the whole day at work!
Then there's the issue with the title of this blog. Keluar tajuk! Fable once commented that in spite of the title, apart from the rare confessions in the saunas, there's nothing particularly sinful about the remaining 90% of entries. This blog should be called For I Have (Not) Sinned. What to do? I don't particularly have an interesting sex life unlike a few bloggers who seem to have almost daily updates about their sexcapades! Wah... tak sakit/letih ke? But the point is, I'm just like everyone else, and in fact it is probably an understatement to say that I am less sinful than 95% of the world population. I think I'm probably even less sinful than most nuns and priests! Of the seven deadly sins, I probably have a bit of envy, and pride, and mostly because of the wrong kind of lust! Yeah, that's it. My ultimate sin, is that I'm gay, and that's just that. And that's the theme of the blog. Sinful because I'm gay.... but otherwise, I'm just like anyone of you, but very likely to be much less sinful in other aspects.
At a hundred, I'm wondering if I still have the zeal to continue on.... to survive another hundred perhaps? The frequency of my posts has dropped this year. In some ways, I'm running out of steam. I'm writing quite a lot of rubbish, and there's nothing particularly arty in the way I write. I'm not trying to score full marks for my karangan bentuk gambaran. You understand cukup lah. And I don't post pictures of myself because I don't camwhore as much as you-know-who, I haven't learnt how to use photoshop and I couldn't be bothered looking for pictures in the internet.
And yes, feedback and comments from readers can sometimes be an encouragement. But how do you get traffic? How do you connect with your readers? Sure, you get a couple of regular comments from the people you already know, but how do you attract readers from other places? I read in the papers recently about a particular blogger from East Malaysia, who had been elevated to the status of celebrity. So I decided to drop by his blog to see what the fuss is all about. WTF! How could anyone possibly get an average of 10,000 visits per day?! Each entry has on average 80 - 120 comments! I certainly don't want that kind of attention! I didn't find the kind of stuff that he blogged about particularly interesting at all. He just blogs about rubbish as well, just about everything under the sky, nothing special or outstanding in the way he writes. To me, just ordinary. I visited a few other "celebrity" blogs, but I thought they're just quite ordinary as well. In fact, I think a few fellow sinful blogs (in my blogroll) that I visit on a regular basis have even more interesting content and writing style!
So now what, so now what? Wanting, needing, waiting... For you to justify my love....
Ops! Sorry, keluar tajuk again. Hehe!
So now what? Hmm... maybe I should get laid more often and write about the sexperiences. More sinful ma! :D
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Sex will boost your readership that is for sure, lately with my blog I noticed that people are also tunning in (in huge numbers) when I am feeling all emotional and "desperate" for love.
I like your blog the way it is...looking forward to the next 100.
I am a fan of this blog! DON'T u dare to stop ya~ and it's not because i know you already... this is good shit! sometimes i think that it doesn't matter how many people read... What's important is that you get to express yourself. Why not you have a note pad in your car~ when you stop at a traffic light, just write down the topic what were lingering in your mind at that time.
And about the title of the blog, we all started with a vision, thus the name was created. Sometimes as we go along, we head to another direction... so i think it doesn't matter~ right?
OMG! my comment is so long~ and i am not done yet! How come when you update your blog, it doesn't show on my blogroll ah? maybe you activate your RSS or whatever it is called. IT dummy here~ sorry :D
Simple motto, "Don't think, just blog." :D
Works every time. ;)
blog because you want to. not because there's a peer pressure. write because there's a story to tell to share to express not because of getting attention.
Errrmm.... the post might have sounded like i was whining, but i wasn't! it's just a reflection and observation about blogging in general after my 100th. I'm not thinking of stopping (yet!). So no pressure or anything like dat! But guys, thanks for your encouragement anyways. :D
sgboy, yeah, sex sells! hehe. you got a 'hot' blog there!
fable, dunno lei. i'm also very bimbo one. what's rss?
"just blog it" hor, janvier?
little prince: no pressure!
Cis! buat i suspend jer~ piaks! :P
Happy 100!! Kudos, and yes, don't stop blogging...keep it up girlfren...
Post a Comment