OK OK... I've just worked 13 hours straight from 8 am this morning! The next few days gonna be like this too, and by Monday, I'll be flying to some god-forsaken place in Jawa and remain miserable there for the next 2 weeks! Please help me!!!!
Hmmm... I wonder I can blog there...
***************************
I heard this song "Once in a Lifetime" by Gregorian, a German band, on radio today. The song was released in 1991. It is exactly the same song covered by Shirley Kwan back then. Listening to the tune once again essentially transported me back to that time when I was in college....
No video for the Gregorian version, but there's one for Shirley's version. Check them out!
"Once in a Lifetime" by Gregorian (Music only)
戀一世的愛 by 關淑怡
WHich versions do you prefer?? I still prefer 戀一世的愛. Maybe it's because I heard it first. And I thought her voice is better for the song.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
yerrrr bring back memories~~ such nice song. i like both version actually. i like Shirley kwan in general... too bad she never become very popular.
Ooh. Nice song.
I prefer Shirley's version too.
The song came out during the period when I started listening to pop music. And my life has never been the same since.
i heard gregorian's version 1st, i actually bought their album becuz of dat song! dat time chanting & mystical tunes including the enigma are in trend. i like shirley kwan, she's got style & charisma, and although does not possess very strong vocals, she was clever in making full use of it to sound unique and stylish when she sings. verdict...a tough call, i actually prefer gregorian's if have to choose one :-)
fable: both songs are actually quite similar, only the voice a bit different, kan?
legolas: your life has never been the same??? :O
mrs P: usually ppl like the version of a song they heard first, kan?
Is that shirley kwan? back in the day I know her as the up and coming singer that never came. This is the first time I heard this cover I am shocked to see her with this long flowing Joey Wong hair I remembered her as the cool crew cut shirley.
I am with mrs phillippe I think the original is better, did not think Shirley nailed that song...if it was Faye covering it would have been different I think but than again I am bias because I LOVE Faye
sgboy:
what a way to put it - up and coming singer that never came... LOL! LOL!
Post a Comment