I've attended about nine intermediate/advance classes, and at times, it can get very stressful indeed! And you needed to process all these directional and geometrical information at top speed within one lesson! Nevertheless, it can be extremely fun and fulfilling .... IF you get it lah! Here are the board arrangements:
The blue boards represent the the boards that will be stepped on by the person in blue (represented by the dark blue dots). The pink dots are your neighbours/partners. The position of the dots indicate the starting positions.Of course, the more complex the shape is, the more difficult it is. The more boards you have to step on, the more difficult it is. The difficult ones to execute are those with isolated "island" formation (erroneously called mirror image formation), because you will very likely be distracted by your neighbours/partners who will not be facing in the same direction as you are.
Based on the above nine designs, the order of diffculty (in descending order), in my opinion, is as follows:
G > F > D > E > A = B > H > I > C


10 comments:
it does look complicated but hope the partner is a gorgeous guy :)
Hope you have that diagram around :0
gosh such dedication.. hehe. let's strive to have the accompanying videos uploaded to facebook/youtube to show just how these beautiful designs are executed also. ;)
i always find steps complicated, i can never follow!!! i really don't have the body synchronisation sense at all, hahaha~~ :p
Dude, who is your step instructor? I used to attend Daniel and Nor's basic & int steps classes @ Fitness First... but recently i just lost in touch with steps. :-)
OMG, now I'm scared to go for freestyle steps :S
We'll stick to Jam and Combat, thanks! :P
chester: unfortunately the gorgeous guy is the instructor!
savante: must remember onthe spot!
bravingkl: u mean to post MORE youtubes??
sk: synchronization is one thing, memory is another!! must persevere lor.... kakaka
tz: why lost touch? I'm trying to pick up on a few more instructors... but have never been to daniel's yet!
jason: once you are comfy with the moves, then it's all about memory.
janvier: boring la :p
goodness your step class is putting the ones we have here (Singapore) to shame! I attended a duo step class 2 weeks ago and was totally lost and the formation in that class was not half a complicated as yours....
Oh really? I thought they're pretty much the same... though I never had a chance to try step in FF gym in Sg, I dun think they have any freestyle step classes there. I always get very stressed out if it gets too tough! I have poor memory ... can't remember the moves...
Post a Comment