I used to get spam sms-es from various sources regarding product sales, promotions at pubs (which I don’t go – don’t know how the hell they got my number), and recently about subscribing and downloading hot videos (presumably of local politicians) for a small fee. But one boring Friday evening last month, I received the sms below from an unfamiliar number:
Dear Mr. XX.
Thank you for
interest in our
harvesting project.
Please send in the
testicle donation
consent form
soonest possible so
that we may begin
process.
At first, I laughed out loud and excitedly showed the ‘silly spam’ message to my colleagues. Then I scrolled up again, and saw my name. My name!!! OMG!!!!
How come spam sms also know my name one? No more laughing anymore – I start to panic! How do these people get my number AND my name? This is serious.
I didn’t think it was any of my friends playing prank, cos they’re all decent fellas, not pranksters.
Where did I recklessly leave my number AND name? I was worried that it’s gonna be troublesome that I might need to change my number! Damn I should be more careful leaving my contact details next time I sign up for something. Panic! Panic!
I asked my colleague to call the number back, but using the office phone. But then I realized, I had better speak to the person myself, just in case the person have evil intentions etc etc.
When a boyish voice answered my call, I demanded to know who he was. He continued on to introduce himself from the Gonad Foundation, about finding testicle donors. He spoke very fluently in English, without any ahhhs... or errrs..... very smooth and no breaks in his sentences ... eloquent.... and with that I became more confused!
"This is a joke. Who's this? Who's this? No, no, no..." I must have said, still confused and a little nervous, unsure.
Then I thought I could hear a little giggle on the other side .....
" .....who else would talk like that.... " the voice spoke, I could only catch part of what he said .... it was a little too fast for a confused mind.
"It's Janvier la..."
ISH!!!!
* This happened one month earlier, but it could have been a great April Fool prank.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
This story is very old already lar...
What is the great April fool prank? ;)
dude, if it's real ... will u sign up for donating your testicle? :p
You flatter us.
Support the Gonad Foundation Testicle Harvesting Project!
Haiye Ban, you mean "they" pulled the same prank before?
Well, I don't mind donating one of my testicles. Donating two would mean castration, no?
You know la. Janvier has a million personalities.
Sorry~~~ I forgotten to tell you that I gave your number to him >.<"
*double smack Janvier
Ban just means that this is old news you're telling him - the Gonad Foundation was something we thought of at the spur of the moment that Friday!
Post a Comment