ADVISORY

Certain posts in this blog contain sinful material - fictional or otherwise - and are unsuitable for minors, moralists, and those who can't wait to get to heaven.
Do not proceed if you get offended easily.

This blog also contains excessive negative material. Not suitable for positive people, and not suitable for suicidal readers as well. Use your own discretion. :)

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Gambler

I was pleasantly surprised to hear one of my favourite Madonna songs, Gambler, being played in the gym yesterday.



Gambler is a 1985 Madonna song from the movie Vision Quest. The other song from the movie was Crazy For You. Interesting info about the song:
- Released as a single in other parts of the world but not in the US;
- Peaked at #4 in the UK.
- Songwriting credited entirely to Madonna (almost all of her other songs are co-written with others)
- The only single not available in any of her albums.

To me, I like the song as it seemed to have that uptempo "country and western - horse-riding feel". It was nice to be able to workout with one of my favourite songs! Got more energy to lift weights! LOL!

1 comment:

sgboy said...

It is also one of my favourite song from the 80s, thanks for the fun facts now I know this woman can actually write entire song by herself......I bought a CD single of Gambler when I was in Paris many many years ago...now where the hell is that CD now