I was surprised that I received a telephone call from a research consulting firm this evening. The interviewer claimed that the research firm is currently representing a client who wants to conduct a survey of Malaysian citizens on their perception of quality of life in Malaysia. And the interviewer had randomly chosen my name ~ apparently the interviewer picked my name from the telephone directory listing which I didn't know existed ... This is the second time my name was randomly picked for a telephone interview since 3 years ago on the quality of gym services ~ ish! If only I was so lucky to have been picked to win RM3 million jackpot lottery!
The interviewer, a girl, quickly launched her interview and bombarded me with questions .... but I had to stop her to verify that she was genuine and not some form of scam. She seemed to be in a hurry to want to finished her questions ... probably over exhausted from calling hundreds of people up! So I interviewed her back first, asking her details of her firm, the purpose of the survey and her client. She didn't know who her client was and I am sure it must be some form of confidentiality involved... but I didn't push it further, as her interview questions seem to be serious in nature.
So there were questions on how I would rate selected serious issues in Malaysia, and what I think if the government of the new PM would be able to make significant improvements on these issues in the next couple of years. Issues such as corruption, taxes, public transport, environment, health services, education system, race-based politics, etc etc.... I only have to give simple "yes" and "no" answers, and give ratings on importance of each issue. I can't help but suspect that her anonymous client was a political entity, rather than an NGO or a commercial enterprise.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I think it's a political entity too. But it's common for the interviewers not to know who the client is - confidentiality and all that.
Post a Comment