ADVISORY

Certain posts in this blog contain sinful material - fictional or otherwise - and are unsuitable for minors, moralists, and those who can't wait to get to heaven.
Do not proceed if you get offended easily.

This blog also contains excessive negative material. Not suitable for positive people, and not suitable for suicidal readers as well. Use your own discretion. :)

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Facebook-ing Family

Strangely enough, I have managed to remain off-radar from members of my family in Facebook for over a year. But the time has come, today: I received a "friend" request from my 19-yo niece.

Not that there were too many revealing information in my facebook profile, but there are things that I'd like to keep private from family. And with all those privacy breaches that I have mentioned in my preceding post, you cannot be 100% certain that you have control over what items or photos can be seen. Plus you can't control what people write on your wall!

Photos tell a lot. About the kind of activities you do, the friends you hang out with, about how you behave (I admit I still very much behave immaturely), how daggy your clothes are, and eventually confirming your sexuality.

One can very easily deduce your sexuality by just looking at your "friends" list, your friends' photos, and your own photos! Not that they didn't already guessed it in the first place, but it's another thing to be letting family members confirming their suspicions, and seeing so much of your life. Suddenly I feel naked!

And if one family member adds you, you can be assured the others will follow!

Hmmm... major headache! To accept or not?! Argh!

6 comments:

William said...

Ignore.

TZ said...

Just hang her... Oh! I meant just leave her hanging there ... don't accept and don't ignore :p

Emo-Happiness said...

Press reject...

once the door is open,
there is no turning back..
emotioneel

deeperanddeeper said...

Wah! All say reject/ignore. Thanks, I think I am not ready yet.

Fable Frog said...

haha even mine also no relatives~ kekeke

yup~ better not accept

Alex said...

Just pretend nothing happen.... lol