ADVISORY

Certain posts in this blog contain sinful material - fictional or otherwise - and are unsuitable for minors, moralists, and those who can't wait to get to heaven.
Do not proceed if you get offended easily.

This blog also contains excessive negative material. Not suitable for positive people, and not suitable for suicidal readers as well. Use your own discretion. :)

Saturday, December 29, 2007

2007 "deeperanddeeper" Music Log

For me, it has been a very exciting year for me! Two live concerts!!!


Christina Aguilera in Singapore (June 30, 07)


Gwen Stefani in Kuala Lumpur (August 21, 2007)

Then, there was the much awaited release of Kylie's new album in four years. I instantly loved it the moment I put the disc in the player. Welcome back, Kylie!

Kylie in 2 Hearts

Well, then of course, there was the Live Earth Concert on TV where Madonna performed Hey You, Ray of Light, La Isla Bonita and Hung Up. It is also the first time they showed Madonna's live performances on national TV. They usually edit her out.

This is also the first year that two major divas did not place a single in the Billboard Hot 100 single chart. Madonna has continuously charted in the Hot 100 chart since 1983's Holiday. Mariah has also placed a single every year in the Hot 100 since Vision of Love in 1990.

But are Madonna and Mariah fans worried? Should they be? Perhaps a little bit, in the era of Beyonce, Rihanna and Fergie. But both stars have been around for a very long time, and have developed a very large loyal fan base (just do a search on the net and you'll be amazed by the large numbers of established fan sites). Industry experts reckoned they'll continue to do just fine with the new albums out in 2008. While the topic is on Mariah, I'll just sneak in here a favourite mockery of Mariah (which I have posted before... I can never get tired of reading this funny album cover).


Click! Click! To read a larger clearer version!



Looking Forward 2008


So what's in store for 2008?! I don't know if there'll be any more interesting concerts around this region. At the moment, I am looking forward to see what is Kylie's next single would be. Rumours have it that it will be Wow, or In My Arms, but I hope it receives better reception than 2 Hearts. And I wonder if she'll ever come to South East Asia for her concert??


I am so looking forward to Madonna's new album, in which she collaborated and reportedly even did duets with Timbaland and the hawtness below:


No comments: