ADVISORY

Certain posts in this blog contain sinful material - fictional or otherwise - and are unsuitable for minors, moralists, and those who can't wait to get to heaven.
Do not proceed if you get offended easily.

This blog also contains excessive negative material. Not suitable for positive people, and not suitable for suicidal readers as well. Use your own discretion. :)

Friday, March 27, 2009

This Is The Right Time

.


People automatically assume you're "too choosy" if you happen to be single after so many years. In my case, I've never been in any relationship even though I've lived to half my expected lifespan (this is so sad). I've had crushes, flings, chicken and duck relationship .... but nothing serious... nothing intense ... none lasted long enough to be certain that it was really love.

When I shared my frustrations, friends would reply "you have too high QC", "you're too choosy", "you don't make enough effort" etc etc... apparently it was always my fault. Yes, perhaps I didn't make enough effort but I'm generally rather shy and quiet person. But to say that I am "choosy" is absolutely incorrect. I object!!!

Frankly, no one has seriously pursued me for love before. I've never been loved (yes, this is so sad ... again). And over time, I begin to wonder if there was something really wrong with me... perhaps I'm unattractive, perhaps I have bad attitude, perhaps I smell .... why no one interest in me at all? When I look around, even people with horrible behaviour are happily in relationships. Even people who are ugly have beautiful partners. One man's meat is another man's poison.... so there should be some one for me too. I don't have to be a magnet, but I don't want to be a repellent either [I'll blog about my ability to repel people (at least that's what I think) another time la].

That's why I've somewhat given up believing. Trust me, at some point, you don't have any ego or confidence left at all if you keep scoring negatives. A little reassurance will be of great help, to believe in yourself, to believe in love, to believe you have what it takes for someone else to love you.

In the past ten days or so, Bert has given me that little assurance. We've seen each other almost every other day, and in my life I have never felt anything like that since I met him. He makes me feel comfortable. I feel love. This is the right time to believe in love.

(to be continued)

7 comments:

Janvier said...

When you feel it, then believe it! Go Sinner! :)

Fable Frog said...

Bert? in Singapore? so your love life is meant for the hot boys of the "hawt" island down south! Oh boy don't tell me you'll be migrating there! and yes, go Sinner go go go! :P

MrBunnyBan said...

Wah! Is this an online confession of love?

....I want to cheer, but will wait for next post to see 'to be continued'

savante said...

Yay! That's great news :) Now I gotta wait for the next episode!

Little Dove said...

The beginning of a love story. I wish you all the best in love Sinner.

Jason said...

Do we gotta go south to see you in the future? :)

deeperanddeeper said...

Thanks for the encouragement! :)